1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed Anti Slip Solutions......

Discussion in 'Tile Cleaning & Restoration' started by Simon Heslop, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Simon Heslop

Simon Heslop Junior Contributor

Hi

Has anyone used a good anti slip product recently? Mop on and leave ideally

Have got 80m2 of honed porcelain to deep clean, seal and treat to an acceptable non slip finish for HSE and 235m2 of a composite resin/engineered stone to treat also.

Looked at the Akemi R9 but might need something a bit stronger (though not an acid that will leave the surface impossible to clean)

Thanks in advance

2. DavidCarr

DavidCarr Tiling Forum Admin Staff Member

There's a product called Magicgrip which I've heard good things about. It's somekind of invisible reactive treatment that doesn't affect the gloss.

Simon Heslop likes this.
  3. Simon Heslop

will have a look, ta

4. Albert

Albert Awesome Contributor

Lithofin do one upload_2015-2-13_21-1-42.png anti slip

DavidCarr and Simon Heslop like this.
  5. Mattonella

Mattonella Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

I had magicgrip contact me through linkedin with some details. If what they are claiming is true then it seems to be a perfect solution.

6. Simon Heslop

Do they sell the anti slip product or only dothey need to do the application themselves......looks like the latter on their website, I need a product I can apply myself for this job

7. amir patwa

amir patwa Serious Contributor

Simon we sell anti slip for calcium based stone and one for granite and porcelain ! Metro Bank floors have been treated! You can apply yourself? Ealing Broadway Shopping Mall floor in front of M&S and Robert Dyas Has the Granite floor treatment.
    Comes in 1 & 5 litres.

Simon Heslop likes this.
  8. Simon Heslop

Will any one of them work on an engineered composite tile? Is it an acid base which will visibly etch the surface? It becomes very hard to keep the tiles clean if acid based as it opens up the pores of the tile