1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed Back Butter Buddy

Discussion in 'Tilers Forum' started by V-ta Tiling (John), Jul 12, 2013.

1. AOS Tiling

AOS Tiling Superb Contributor

I forsee a splike in White Star sales!

2. cptiling

cptiling Junior Contributor

In truth it's not easy getting it to fit, it's tight. They could do with being that bit wider obviously like the American ones.

I do think that with the weight of the tiles it would work just sat on top of most buckets without having to be in the groove. But when I get time I'm also going to try putting a small cut in the rim of the bucket and see if that makes it easier for it to fit in the groove.

3. Phil

Phil Junior Contributor

Great! That was a small concern from one of the companies that was looking into bringing them in.
    Problem solved. I am very anxious to get pictures and video from you guys. When someone is ready,
    please start a new thread " back butter buddy reviews" or something like that. It will be easier to link
    to it and post to other media. Thanks again for all your help

4. Phil

Phil Junior Contributor

Sorry, I responded BEFORE I saw this last post.
    If your buckets are a fraction SMALLER than ours ( 28cm compared to 29-1/2cm )
    I will look into developing an adapter. As more of you get a chance to use and experiment
    with different buckets, please keep me informed on the sizes. - thanks

5. AOS Tiling

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374414444.059410.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374414526.828608.jpg

I'll try this one when I collect my BBB - Macpherson Trade Emulsion, 28.2cm or the BAL Mixing bucket is 30.2cm

6. Phil

Phil Junior Contributor

Andrew - I think that may work. When I measured our buckets here I measured from out to out
    across the top. You have the tape inside.

7. AOS Tiling

Yes Phil, I measured internal. Will let you know when I pick mine up

8. cptiling

cptiling Junior Contributor

The BAL mixing buckets are too big Andrew.

9. AOS Tiling

I think the Whitestar is 27.2cm on the internal so might be the paint. one. I'll let yee know.

10. Grace's Dad

Grace's Dad Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

Easy!!

uploadfromtaptalk1374520165492.jpg

11. Grace's Dad

Sits nicely on the base and its not sliding either.

12. AOS Tiling

..... but, the idea of the BBB sitting on a bucket top is that you have water and a sponge in the bucket so that you can keep your beloved BBB clean. Your going to have to defy gravity here Mark or your BBB will get very messy! Respect the BBB!

13. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

Nice pair of gumboots growing in the background there

14. Grace's Dad

I've tried 3 different tubs this evening and all too small.

Think I'll stick it on my spare washboy with castors for now.

15. Grace's Dad

They're expensive are those welly plants Jay!

jay likes this.
  16. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

What if you put the lid on the buckets Mark

or even glue gun the lid to the BBB

17. Phil

Phil Junior Contributor

I want to remind everyone that it is NOT required to sit on a bucket to work. The two reasons that I designed it
    to sit up onto a bucket was, One ( it has been mentioned ) to have a bucket of water and sponge handy to keep the tool clean and surrounding tile area clean, and the water helps to add weight to stabilize the bucket.
    Two, it lifts the tiles off the ground so that they are at an easy height and you can get thin set all the way to the edges without getting it on the sides of the tiles. I'm sure we will figure this bucket size out. I have already looked into an adapter that will make this simple. If I do get one made up, I will provide them to the same 12
    guys that I provided the tool to.

V-ta Tiling (John) likes this.
  18. Protilers

Protilers Guest

Phil...I would love to chat to yo about the BBB......in private message.........

19. Phil

Phil Junior Contributor

20. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

You could contact Laticrete in the IK and source 12 of there buckets

just a thought