1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed Back Butter Buddy

Discussion in 'Tilers Forum' started by V-ta Tiling (John), Jul 12, 2013.

1. Tommyzooom

Tommyzooom Top Notch Contributor

Well mine arrived today, and a quick scout about the garage, I came up with a few buckets, Evo and Larsen ready-mixed tubs, Larsen large tubbed gear, Nanolight mixing bucket, several 10l paint tubs........

.......and it didnt fit any of them

2. AMA Tiling

AMA Tiling Top Notch Contributor

:)

3. ray

ray Superb Contributor

should have had a 30mm rim grove fixing making it fit any bucket but there always room for inprovement with some honest feed back my feed back would be i would rather pay £100 for one a more heavy duty model that could last me years what are your thoughts

Protilers likes this.
  4. Phil

Phil Junior Contributor

Andrew, What was the problem - Are the buckets you have To BIG or to SMALL?
    I have a prototype adapter that should fit inside 28cm or 27cm . Would this work for you?

5. Peter

Peter Junior Contributor

Does it have to set in to the bucket? Would be just as handy to have a flat oversize base to fit anything.

6. ray

ray Superb Contributor

to big

7. ray

ray Superb Contributor

an average size bucket is a good working hight and you can always find one

8. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

What size is the diameter of the normal bucket over there Ray what size do you recommend for Phil

9. Peter

Peter Junior Contributor

Not really a standard size. I have about 6 buckets stacked in the van and there's 3 different diameters with a fair range.

10. Protilers

Protilers Guest

here is my opinion.....for what its worth.......
    if it was constructed out of stainless steel.....and the bottom platter was tapered from 11"(279.4mm) to 30"(304.8mm) and approx 4" (101.6mm) deep....... and you could strip it apart for cleaning......
    it is worth £80-100 of anyone's money..........in its current form............it works!......and its priced right!.......(if you do not include shipping!)

all the best

Lee

11. ray

ray Superb Contributor

you now come to think of it i have never had reason to measure one will do love a new challenge

jay likes this.
  12. ray

ray Superb Contributor

god help me i think lee has the wright idear it should be tapered at an angel 100mm deep so it can fit any bucket

jay likes this.
  13. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

Tell me he did not think of that on his own

14. ray

ray Superb Contributor

i wish i could but at the time he was eating an ice cream staring at the cone light bulb moment ;)

jay likes this.
  15. Protilers

Protilers Guest

OI.........I have feelings too you know!..............

16. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

[​IMG]

ray likes this.
  17. ray

ray Superb Contributor

yes you do and when the ice cream fell on the floor we see them all ;)

18. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

It is a good idea Lee (think his wife must be near by) but the stainless steel one would scare of a lot of tilers $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Protilers likes this.
  19. Protilers

Protilers Guest

WHY?..........every trowel I buy is stainless.......but then again I work clean......so it is an investment as opposed to being DISPOSABLE!.......if you catch my drift...........

ooooooohooohhhhh......

I have gone all 70's!...........check this out

good time.......(pun)............

great day out in London!

hehehhehehe

Lee

20. Phil

Phil Junior Contributor

No peter, it does not HAVE to sit on a bucket. The reason I invented it that way was covered many times in this thread already - Sponge and Water handy - Comfortable height when working on the floor.
    We will figure this part out, I just want somebody that I sent one to, to use it and take pictures and video.