1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Efflorescence Removal

Discussion in 'Tile Cleaning & Restoration' started by jason hazard, Dec 4, 2014.

1. jason hazard

jason hazard New Contributor

Ive a problem with patchy grey grout,
    It was was done almost 3 months ago,
    Grouted after 10 days,
    It was a Weber.joint pro grout with additive ad250,
    Weber technical have suggested Lithofin cement remover.
    Has anyone used this product and did it work ?

2. Alan jackson

Alan jackson Tiling Products Support

But is it efflorescence...

Lithofin bob and jay like this.
  3. jason hazard

Weber Rep came out,
    Took some pictures and sent off the report to the technical department,
    So going by their report and what they advise

4. Lithofin bob

Lithofin bob Junior Contributor

Don't rush in with the cement res remover, this may be simple washing surfactants left on the surface of your/ their grout, strange this took three months for them to get you back. You and weber dont do self cleaning floors or grout!! What were they maintaining with

Is it patchy all over or in areas?

DavidCarr likes this.
  5. jason hazard

It's patchy all over.
    The client has been using s steam mop on the floor.
    It's got got underfloor heating but it's still patchy on areas where there isn't any.
    I've been tiling 28yrs and never had this problem but saying that I don't normally use Weber grout.

AMA Tiling likes this.
  6. westerhope tiles

westerhope tiles Tiling Product Supplier

delta plus from kerrakol is good for this try not to over water grout or use to much water when washing off

AMA Tiling and branty1uk like this.
  7. AMA Tiling

AMA Tiling Top Notch Contributor

Had same patchiness with weber pro joint Jasmine not that long ago in a shower. 2 bits about 100-150mm long where the grout was lighter, typically the client liked the lighter colour and wanted it all the same. I hada bite my tongue but should have told her that her mates husband (plumber) should've wet all the joints when he tested his shower unit when he fitted it the next morning (sarcastic tone) lol. Or left it a few days until it was properly dry. I used that colour on the same floor with no problems. I was then dubious about weber pro joint but I've used it several times since and no problems.

8. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

may i ask what the substrate is