1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NZ Tilers Forum Expansion Joints, Control Joints And Anti Fracture Membranes.

Discussion in 'NZ Tilers Forum' started by Bob Neary, Jun 12, 2013.

1. ray

ray Superb Contributor

there lies the truth what we was doing was not wrong we just had the best prouducts to use .not prouducts maid to the minimum standard.for max proffits

jay and Grace's Dad like this.
  2. AOS Tiling

AOS Tiling Superb Contributor

Ray, you are making far too many assumptions about me - question more and listen hard, you ain't sussed me. It's great that you have so much confidence in yourself but your not quite winning me over. I honestly think you are far too dismissive of some of the guys sitting on that board so I guess we are of a different mindset. Anyway, I'll continue to read your posts with interest.

3. ray

ray Superb Contributor

i dont need to win you over:laugh: well may be i will see you at the tta gpc on wedsday should be fun

4. AOS Tiling

AOS Tiling Superb Contributor

Too busy trying to earn a buck Ray. As it happens, fixing geos and was restricted to a 6mm tilebacker overlay so fixing with BAL Fastflex even though board manufacturer says use an S1. Am I overspecing and subsequently bearing extra costs on client? We'll never know but I am sleeping tight! Enjoy your day and be nice to the TTA brigade on Wednesday!

Bob Neary likes this.
  5. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

Ray you have just made an old man cry thank you

ray and Bob Neary like this.
  6. Bob Neary

Bob Neary Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

Good grief I turn my back for a few seconds and nek minut the worlds on fire.
    Great stuff guys . I think ray has hit the nail on the head that in the end if what has been tried and stays true and you can sleep at night as a result then carry on with it.
    Although jay you're right as the years go by we all too often come across a situation quite different to that which we have dealt with in the past.
    I can only say after all this that we continue to keep an open mind and adjust our practices accordingly. If what's working for you now might not work later on down the track.
    I've never had the opportunity nor the need to lay a decoupler. So I'll be taking an interest and observe a floor a workmates putting down soon.
    Thanks for the comments guys.

ray, AOS Tiling, widler and 1 other person like this.