1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ezewarm Underfloor Heating - What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Tilers Forum' started by Russell Hawes, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Russell Hawes

Russell Hawes Underfloor heating

I Know a few of you have now installed our Ezewarm underfloor heating mats and wires and I'd be interested in any feedback, pictures etc or any advice on how you think we can improve the ezewarm products.

Andy Carroll likes this.
  2. Andy Carroll

Andy Carroll Serious Contributor

Hi Russell,
    I think you've got an excellent product at the rite price! I found it very easy to use I was impressed.. ive used a few systems in my time!!
    It was Andy(AOS) that convinced me to give it a go. I'm glad I did. Easywarm is what I'll be using from now on..
    Andy

AOS Tiling likes this.
  3. Russell Hawes

Cheers Andy, that's great to hear I look forward to hearing from you again soon...

4. Albert

Albert Awesome Contributor

Russell can you send me some info on your product please :)

5. AOS Tiling

AOS Tiling Superb Contributor

Glad you liked it Andy - always tricky referring products to other fixers.

I installed the mat system over 14 sq/m (2 mats) a few weeks back and to be honest, I initially questioned what I might get for such a cracking price. I was pleasantly surprised. Important fo me is not just quality of product but ease of install and that generally means thinner cables and a mat that sticks to the substrate. These mats offered the best adhesion that I have found, considering I probably install UFH cales under 60-70% of the floors I install, I can make many comparisons. That said, when I needed to release the cable from the mat for a loose run (that awkward turn or run back to thermo), it came away with ease. In the past I have found the ones with good adhesion invariably can be a bugger to release - not these.

Some may recall, I nicked a cable (big muppet!) - a first for me and it sent the sweat rolling down me brow. Got hold of Russell on the mobile and inside a day or two he had sent me a repair kit (and a spare one in case I cocked it up!) and talked me through the repair. Top service which gave me confidence to use the system again.

One negative or change you guys could make. The booklet which forms part of the guarantee to client instructs client to pin receipt to booklet. This doesn't work so well for tradesmen as client isn't purchasing direct and I don't really want to release my receipt to client. I overcame this by issuing an AOS receipt but would prefer if this issue could be overcome.

Peter, johnny and Andy Carroll like this.
  6. Grace's Dad

Grace's Dad Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

I'll have one next week then.
    I've tried them all and decided to stick with Devi.
    Now that pretty much everyone has stopped stocking Devi (some nonsense about people wanting cheaper and cheaper) - I'll give this a bash.
    I just hope it's as sticky as Devi is.

7. Andy Carroll

Just make sure you prime the boards mark!
    And it sticks well mate....

8. Grace's Dad

I always prime my boards Andy - the last Raychem sticky mat was absolutely useless!
    Went back to Devi and it was a joy!

9. Andy Carroll

You won't have a problem with Ezewarm!
    ;)

AOS Tiling likes this.
  10. Russell Hawes

Hi Albert, I'll email some info and prices over this morning.

11. Russell Hawes

If you fancy giving our products a go, give me a call and I'll sort you a special deal.

12. Russell Hawes

Hi Andy, We will change this straight away, thanks for your advice and I look forward to speaking to you again soon mate.

Peter, AMA Tiling and Andy Carroll like this.
  13. Grace's Dad

You're on. Thanks Russell.

14. johnny

johnny Serious Contributor

Where can I find prices for mats.
    Can't see them on website.
    I have changed a lot over the years and have been using e mat pro for last few years.
    But they don't seem to be that competitive now and can buy Devi for about Same cost.
    How does zee warm compare to e mat pro?

15. Russell Hawes

Hi John,
    Thank you for your message. I've sent you some ideas on prices and I will give special prices to trade, looking to try our Ezewarm products, so let me know what sizes you need and I'll sort you out a great price.
    We are working on getting more retailers involved but many get stuck selling the same old products, so if there's no Ezewarm supplier in your area we will supply you direct.
    We feel our mat is a match for any mat on the market, it has thin yet very strong wire, its made in Ireland and has a Lifetime guarantee.
    As they say the proof is in the pudding, so give it a go and let me know what you think.
    Russ

16. AOS Tiling

AOS Tiling Superb Contributor

Russ, can you get a price list over to me too please? Any sales litrature helps too. email in sig below

17. Russell Hawes

Yes no problem Andy.

18. johnny

johnny Serious Contributor

Russell.
    Good to make contact again.
    Didn't realise ezewarm was your company.you have been in this electrical heating business for a long time so I look forward to seeing your heat mats .
    In fact if I think about it you were the first I dealt with
    Must be quite a while since we last met.
    Would be good to meet up on site if you are based anywhere near cobham where I have two jobs at the moment .

Best regards johnny clarke

Russell Hawes likes this.
  19. Russell Hawes

Hi John,

I'm in Ealing so just down the road really, I'll give you a call Monday and I'll come out and meet you next week some time.

Russ

Albert likes this.
  20. Russell Hawes

After having a chat with a few guy's on here it became apparent that tilers are almost buying products blind as there is not enough understandable technical information as to what is a good or bad underfloor heating product (in terms of construction of the cable).
    Would a spec check help and an explanation as to why wires are made in a certain way?

AOS Tiling likes this.