1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Federation Of Small Businesses

Discussion in 'Tilers Forum' started by DavidCarr, Aug 2, 2013.

1. DavidCarr

DavidCarr Tiling Forum Admin Staff Member

I've just had an email from the 'Federation of Small Businesses', anyone a member of this?

2. Mattonella

Mattonella Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

Yep, been a member for a few years now

3. DavidCarr

DavidCarr Tiling Forum Admin Staff Member

What are the benefits/reasons to be member?

4. Mattonella

Mattonella Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

The main one for me is the legal helpline. Nice peace of mind if I need some quick legal advice. Think it also covers accountant fees in the event of an investigation.

Things that aren't of benefit to me are card processing fees (couldn't get them any cheaper), insurance (consistently more expensive than shopping around).

The free banking from co-op looks quite good, especially as HSBC are introducing monthly fees just for having an account with them, before the transactional fees are added.

They also do health care policies, but not something I've ever looked into.

The other benefit quoted is the representation of small businesses, but can't say that's made any difference to me.

I wouldn't say it was something to get excited about, but if you can pick out something (legal helpline in my case) then it could be worth it.

Biggest annoyance I have is you don't save money on insurance, card processing, and FSB telecom whilst I think of it.

Wade through the crap you don't need and see if there's anything left that you do.

MosaicGirl likes this.