1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Day To All :)

Discussion in 'New Joiners Introductions' started by Martin Stokes, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Martin Stokes

Martin Stokes New Contributor

Good day to all,
    My names Martin and I'm a wanna be Tiler. My story so far goes..
    I'm currently working two jobs 25 hours in a call centre and working 15hours a week as a waiter. As soon as I am financially stable I will be quitting my call centre job and keeping the waitering job.
    I am going to complete a week long intensive tiling course at the end of September.
    http://www.coventrybuildingworkshop.co.uk/intensive-courses-tiling/

I have a friend who lives in Chester who is a tiler who kindly said when he has big jobs I can come down and give a hand/shadow so I can gain experience and then hopefully work on my own. I have purchased a nice little Citroen Berlingo as my transport for the job but its ideal as it has 5 seats too.
    [​IMG]

I am very excited to learn the art of Tiling and i will be updating you on my progress and how I get on.

All the best,
    Martin

2. Albert

Albert Awesome Contributor

Welcome Martin. A van with window's is a bad idea

3. Grace's Dad

Grace's Dad Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

Hi martin.
    You can have a sign company fit your rear glass with one way vinyls which will match the bodywork but let passengers see out.
    Can even be printed with company names and details.

Northern Tiler, DavidCarr and Albert like this.
  4. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

Welcome Martin

5. ray

ray Superb Contributor

hi martin why not just shadow your mate first. pick some tips up see if you like it then think about a course you will understand more on a course if you have some site exsperaince first good luck

jay and Albert like this.
  6. Northern Tiler

Northern Tiler Junior Contributor

Hello Martin...welcome

Gaz

7. Tommyzooom

Tommyzooom Top Notch Contributor

How do Martin

8. Martin Stokes

Thanks Ray, I think that's what I'll do.

On another note I've just purchased a book called Ceramic and Stone Tiling: A Complete Guide. I know it wont teach me to become a professional Tiler or anywhere near but I thought it would give me some useful information and tips. I'll let you know how the read goes.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ceramic-Sto...7770/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346243275&sr=8-1

Much Love,
    Martin

9. MosaicGirl

MosaicGirl Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

10. T'T

T'T Junior Contributor

Hello Martin hopefully your course will be better than mine was in Coventry! Good luck mate.

11. Ben

Ben New Contributor

welcome Martin. Have you considered trying construction skills in Wolverhampton. I went to there stoke branch and received recognised qualification!

12. Schluter-Systems Ltd

Schluter-Systems Ltd Tiling Products Support

Welcome on board Martin,

If you want to drop your details through to sales@schluter.co.uk we will arrange to send you a Schlüter-TILER-KIT consisting of a 17 litre mixing bucket and lid, with a 4 x 3 Karl Dahm Trowel and a 5 m Tape for FREE. Will even chuck in a polo shirt if you let us know your size.

Carl

13. Martin Stokes

Hey Ben,
    I've just checked online at their courses are looking quite appealing. I have unfortunately been delayed in completing my course :'( but I think this is a blessing in disguise as I really want to do the 10 day course in Wolverhampton it covers a lot more and in more detail Its gonna take me a while get all of my personal problems sorted until I can concentrate on my career.

Until next time,
    Martin

14. Ben

Ben New Contributor

Mate, when u get yourself sorted! Get it booked! The qualification is part of a construction diploma, so there's lots of other units u can complete as part of the same qualification! Inc plastering, site carpentry, painting, bricklaying etc!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk