1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcement Great British Property Scandal

Discussion in 'Tiling News' started by Lee@TileTown, Aug 23, 2012.

1. AOS Tiling

AOS Tiling Superb Contributor

They're probably related to me. Got Whelan blood in me!

2. Grace's Dad

Grace's Dad Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

Could well be! They're over priced too!!! :p

Lee@TileTown and AOS Tiling like this.
  3. Lee@TileTown

Lee@TileTown Tiling Product Supplier

I see in todays mail on sunday Big Dave is planning to cut some more red tape to try and kick start the housing......i think these MPs should have had a look at the properties that lie empty.......there is nothing wrong.....they could be rescued.......will it happen????

Nah......we live in a throw away society.....lets bulldoze them and build some eye saw flats.....

4. Clive Hill

Clive Hill Serious Contributor

I'm originally from Whitchurch, Shrops and I certainly am NOT from the Midlands or down south!! o_O

5. Clive Hill

It's good to see these houses being put to use. When I first got out I saw houses in Stoke for sale around the £20k mark....just not in the best areas in Stoke, and not much on the job front......

Perhaps better investment and incentives for businesses to set up in these areas would help imporve things and take the strain from the South East with housing, school places etc being in short place?

6. branty1uk

branty1uk Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

I have to say the best fish n chips I ever had were in Whitby. As for a head on a pint, if I wanted a milkshake.

Clive Hill, MosaicGirl and AOS Tiling like this.
  7. MosaicGirl

MosaicGirl Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

Next time you're in Whitby, pop by to see us in Scarborough! Very good fish & chip places here :)

8. Clive Hill

My son's Godfather was a Whitby lad....had Fish and CHips there for the first time when we buried him.....He was right; best in England!

MosaicGirl likes this.
  9. Lee@TileTown

Today we are in Mansfield for the grand unavailing of one of the derelict terraced houses that has been transform by H2H Who have turned these properties into homes for ex-service families to live in.
    Channel 4 will be there to film for the Great British Scandel.
    Thanks to our suppliers Weber and BCT for there help with this project.
    Photos to follow!

10. Lee@TileTown

Just been told that the show that i might be appearing on is aired this Wednesday Channel 4 8pm.

Let me know if you spot me!

11. branty1uk

Will look out for that.

Lee@TileTown likes this.
  12. Stewart @ SPM Design

Stewart @ SPM Design Serious Contributor

Thought Rouge Traders was on the BBC mate.....;) but will look out for it all the same!

Andy Carroll and Lee@TileTown like this.
  13. Stewart @ SPM Design

Stewart @ SPM Design Serious Contributor

Good to see lee and Tile Town doing their bit, though he may now be too famous to join in on the forum as much now.....(;0)
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352323833.883064.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352323847.594730.jpg

14. branty1uk

Good to see you on the tv big man. First time I've heard your voice, you're proper northern eh?

Lee@TileTown likes this.
  15. mike

mike Serious Contributor

i missed it sorry lee, i'll look out for it on s4c, it may be repeated on there

16. Joe @ Hillhead Tiling

Joe @ Hillhead Tiling Awesome Contributor

17. MosaicGirl

I missed it, too :( will it be on BBC iplayer? only just familiarizing myself with that. Ohh, H is just watching a recording of it right now, maybe it's the right one? That would be good... :)

18. MosaicGirl

Wow, how about that, the right program, just saw and heard you, too, Lee! Well done you, great voice, and lovely guy :)

19. Lee@TileTown

Ha ha.....thanks for all your nice comments.......my agent has been on the phone and I'm booked to fly to the jungle for I'm a celebrity this weekend!

Seriously.....was a pleasure to play a small part in what was a great show.

20. branty1uk

You do look like you could be my baby brother though. ;)

MosaicGirl and Lee@TileTown like this.