1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello From Nz.

Discussion in 'New Joiners Introductions' started by Bob Neary, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Bob Neary

Bob Neary Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

Hi everyone. i'm a 25+ years time served. started tiling back in the old wet sand and cement screed. thank goodness we have such awseome adhesives about.
    I've spent a bit of time on the other forum up until about 6 mths ago. Nice to get back into it again. as some of you may know i am a broken tiler. I had a serious work site accident about 18 months ago and unfortunately off the tools now but still in the industry working as a sales consultant for the largest tile company in NZ.
    looking forward to chatting with you all in the future.

Lee@TileTown likes this.
  2. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

Welcome to the forum Bobby nice to have you on here

Bob Neary likes this.
  3. ray

ray Superb Contributor

hi bobby you can take my tile cutter but not my freedom welcome

Bob Neary likes this.
  4. Albert

Albert Awesome Contributor

Hello Bobby, welcome

Bob Neary likes this.
  5. branty1uk

branty1uk Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Bob. Poacher turned game keeper, like me. :D

Bob Neary likes this.
  6. DavidCarr

DavidCarr Tiling Forum Admin Staff Member

7. Lee@TileTown

Lee@TileTown Tiling Product Supplier

Howdo Bob, welcome, how is the the tile industry in NZ?

Bob Neary likes this.
  8. Diamond Pool Finishers

Diamond Pool Finishers Serious Contributor

Hi Bobby welcome :)

Bob Neary likes this.
  9. Del w

Del w Junior Contributor

Hello & welcome

Bob Neary likes this.
  10. Grace's Dad

Grace's Dad Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

Welcome!

Bob Neary likes this.
  11. Joe @ Hillhead Tiling

Joe @ Hillhead Tiling Awesome Contributor

12. Tommyzooom

Tommyzooom Top Notch Contributor

Welcome aboard Bob

Bob Neary likes this.
  13. Bob Neary

Hi folks, sorry lee didn't really answer the ? The industry is very healthy and you can doo quite well if you have established yourself over the last ten years.i did a lot of com. Work in my younger days but ended in the lucrative Dom. Market.
    I may have mentioned this but I would like some feedback on ARDEX products if possible? We are about to stock ARDEX next week I have no say on it but I have a list of prod. I would like to see instore.
    1) X52
    2)STS8
    3)quickbond
    And if we get a dispersive D2 sounds ok.
    The Ardion 90 sounds like turbo for the C1 adh.
    Ive never used ARDEX myself so some user feedback would be great ,thanks

14. Andy Carroll

Andy Carroll Serious Contributor

Hi Bob..Ardex is top quality adhesive I wish I could afford to use it all the time!!!
    There's not many places that stock it near me.. ;)

15. Albert

Albert Awesome Contributor

Bob s16 and ardion 90 fantastic but now to expensive

16. Bob Neary

Yeah they look pricey on our comp. system that's why I have opted for the ones on the list. We have some large home builders that specify ARDEX purely from the quality side. We have some multi million dollar homes going up all over the show and we have been going through a disaster with leaky homes up and down the country for the last ten years.It has been a real tragedy for thousands of home owners and builders left holding the can.
    So no more stuff ups please rather pay a little more to make sure. Plus we have a new city to build in Christchurch and that's going to take about 10+ years and tens of billions of $$'s so I think that will require quality products for what they want. Nothing over 7 stories high and earthquake proof. Plus thousands of new homes will need rebuilding or new build.

17. Bill Baldwin

Bill Baldwin New Contributor

Hi bob.Im guessing your with tile warehouse as they're the new Ardex destributors.
    In fact I think you phoned me to invite me to the launch.
    I've been an applicator of their w/p membranes for ten years now and I like the products.
    I certainly stocked and recommended them when I had my new Lynn shop.
    We did sometimes have trouble with supply but that was back in the days of Midas - bring on the new era.
    They're good guys to deal with. I like the mpp it's a little like gripflex but even more flexible.
    Sts8 the best value in their premium range.
    Haven't tried these new fancy grouts the have brought out.
    I'm keen to try thier new apoxy grout.
    Thier standard grouts I don't use. As the finish tends to resemble sanded grouts.
    I prefer a smoother finish.
    All the best with that destributorship. Pricey but good!

18. Dean Nicholl

Dean Nicholl New Contributor

How is the Ardex selling Bob. It is all have really used for the past 8 yrs and love it. Will be hard to get guys to move off Monoflex and Gripflex though as they are excellent glues as well.
    Superflex is the the best Waterproofing product I have used so to keep full system warranty I stick to there adhesives.
    I guess you will find that X52 will be the seller along with X56 and X77, these will cover most bases.
    WPM155 waterproofing is the best thing out and have been onto ardex re: getting it BRANZ cert. I guess they devleloped when they realized K10 (never used it) had the market share.

19. Bob Neary

I was in the store yesterday and found that the ARDEX sales are getting better each week, better than anticipated actually. We've found that the guys using conchem are a little hesitant but there are new tradesmen coming in for their ARDEX fix on a regular basis now.
    Yes the super flex is well priced and can see more will use it as time goes by.

And hello and welcome to the forums Bill.

20. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

Welcome to the forum Bill