1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hybrid- Ceramic Pads

Discussion in 'Tile Cleaning & Restoration' started by AMA Tiling, Dec 11, 2014.

1. AMA Tiling

AMA Tiling Top Notch Contributor

Has anyone used any Ceramic diamond pads yet? I presume the diamond is suspended in a ceramic matrix as opposed to metal or resin? What are the benefits ,if any,in using ceramic pads? I've seen them on some sites online but with little or no information as to their uses.

Joe @ Hillhead Tiling likes this.
  2. ATS Diamond Tools

ATS Diamond Tools Tiling Product Supplier

Longevity is their main selling point, but they need to be carefully matched to the product which they're grinding.

Get the match correct and you could be looking at 1000's sq/m per set.

3. AMA Tiling

Maybe not a polishing product but mid- grit or transition from metals to resin? I'd guess they're fragile as their name suggests? Maybe not ideal for lippage.

4. ATS Diamond Tools

That sort of thing, transition or a replacement for metal bonded with the advantage of a finer scratch pattern.

Think of it as a copper hybrid but longer lasting.

5. ATS Diamond Tools

6. ATS Diamond Tools

I've just had a look at ceramic pads (pricing) and on average they are around 3x the price of the equivalent copper pads. So you'd expect a minimum performance increase of at least 3x otherwise it's a zero sum purchase.

You have to expect these kind of products to be aimed at companies that are polishing ikea floors rather than anything remotely domestic, so for the purposes of starting out it's something that can be discounted. However, when you get the call to grind and polish the car park at Wembley Stadium, it's probably worth a look see.;)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
    AMA Tiling likes this.
  7. amir patwa

amir patwa Serious Contributor

You may want to look at the Ealing Broadway Shopping Mall floors to appreciate the results achieved by using good quality abrasive pads!

8. Joe @ Hillhead Tiling

Joe @ Hillhead Tiling Awesome Contributor

Klindex Supershine Amir?

9. amir patwa

No! Have you tried the diamonds pads we sent to you! For which you kindly donated to the charity!
    Supershine is " like mini cab " always go for limousine ! Ha! Ha, !
    Joe these kinds of pads are promoted by some UK'S restoration gurus who have limited knowhow and cowboys

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    Joe @ Hillhead Tiling likes this.
  10. Joe @ Hillhead Tiling

Did try them briefly Amir and they are good quality ;) very tough pads.
    I'm getting another base for lotus to take them better too.

11. DavidCarr

DavidCarr Tiling Forum Admin Staff Member

Yeah I use ceramics quite often on medium to semi hard concrete floors with great success, avoid on soft floors as they'll disappear before your eyes and they struggle to cut hard floors. I did a test patch the other night for a potential customer using some we've recently manufactured. It's not a ceramic like tile but a mixture of ingredients that are formed together in a ceramic like way, sorry I'm trying not to disclose any secrets ;)

Copper resin hybrid pads I use a lot too for opening up power floated surfaces where metal tools aren't required or for transitioning from metals to resins.

pexster, amir patwa and AMA Tiling like this.
  12. AMA Tiling

We have enough info now to recreate your secret formula Mr Carr..... You have been most helpful, now we must..... Dispose... Of you ( Maniacal laugh) !!!!!

MosaicGirl and DavidCarr like this.
  13. amir patwa

David Carr advises and suggest about abrasives and methods from years of experience! That can't be copied byChinese manufacturers

MosaicGirl and DavidCarr like this.
  14. AMA Tiling

Unless they kidnap him and torture him until he reveals all his secret formulas, including that of the new improved pro-top...... ;)

15. DavidCarr

DavidCarr Tiling Forum Admin Staff Member

I will not be broken :ninja:

MosaicGirl likes this.
  16. amir patwa

He is MORE HONOURABLE ,!

17. AMA Tiling

Indeed Mr Carr, your spirit is indeed to be commended...... But everyone breaks....hahahahahaha !!!!!(more maniacal laughter)

18. Joe @ Hillhead Tiling

Wads of cash and good cameras needed lads ;)

AMA Tiling likes this.
  19. AMA Tiling

You too are in danger amir patwa. The oriental diamond magnates are putting a plan in place for your capture as we speak. Your knowledge will be well received deep in the North China wilderness.......

20. Joe @ Hillhead Tiling

Or the south China sea maybe where the missing plane was took ;)
    Illuminati I'll say no more

Ken Bruty and AMA Tiling like this.