1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet Robots On The Forum

Discussion in 'Tiling News' started by DavidCarr, Apr 3, 2012.

1. DavidCarr

DavidCarr Tiling Forum Admin Staff Member

Just wondered if you'd noticed a few forum web robots aka spiders on the forum, crawling through the public data? They'll come up as googlebot, bingbot, baiduspider, facebookexternalhit etc etc.

These spiders are essentially crawling through the site gathering information and storing what it feels are good results to provide the users of google, yahoo, bing search etc.

What does this all mean?

It means your posted advice and guidance is generating you free marketing and exposure for your business and the services you offer. This could lead to business for you if potential customers were to find posts you've made and are impressed with your knowledge and professionalism, even more so if they can tie in photos of your work.

So don't forget to strut your professional advice where possible and fill in your business details in your profile under 'personal details'

2. Colour Republic

Colour Republic Serious Contributor

any chance of getting rid of the no follow :)

3. MosaicGirl

MosaicGirl Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

4. DavidCarr

I don't believe there are any no-follows on the signature links, I removed them purposely.

5. Colour Republic

I would understand if you did and it's your site do with what ever you like mate and i was only being cheeky but the sigs are no follow at the mo

From this pages source code

Code:
    <a href="http://www.floorer.co.uk" target="_blank" class="externalLink" rel="nofollow">Tile, Stone Restoration &amp; Polishing</a>

6. MosaicGirl

Wow, where did you guys learn all this Chinese? Respect...

7. DavidCarr

Hmm, that's unusual they don't appear in my code, might be my admin privileges? I'll look into that.

8. Colour Republic

It might be, did you change something yesterday or the day before? As before then the sigs would only show if you were logged in... Tell me to shut upif i#m interfering ;)

9. Colour Republic

It's HTML G ;) not that hard to be fair once you've got the basics.

10. DavidCarr

Here's a quote from Matt Cutts of Google who put's it quite simply.

11. DavidCarr

Looks like it's hard coded, I'll see about rewriting some of the php source tomorrow if I get time between quotes.

12. Andrew Coote

Andrew Coote Junior Contributor

Wow - if tiling business gets slow, guess you can get a bit of short term contract work with Google or Microsoft!

MosaicGirl likes this.
  13. Diamond Tiling Co

Diamond Tiling Co Tile Training School

I think its hard coded as well Dave or maybe if you look at the Asymmetric Multi-Processing or perhaps the Advanced SCSI Programming Interface (communication port technology).
    On reflection and after some thought it may well be the Change Directory (DOS command) or the Change Directory (DOS command) Also you might want to check the Extended Binary Coded Decimal Interchange Code (8-bit code to represent 256 chars.) I think that might work, do you?

A problem that might need looking at could be the Fiber Channel Arbitrated Loop (bus technology - better/faster than SCSI) or perhaps the File Transfer Protocol (refers to the standard method a file is transfered from an internet to a local computer, often called downloading) but please dont forget the HyperText Transfer Protocol (1 way information is sent over and internet. This is the primary way information travels over the phone lines from a server to a local computer, protocols are agreed upon standards or configurations that computers use) that little bugger can be a nightmare.

A friend has suggested you might want to look at the Integrated Services Digital Network (Internet connection: faster than a modem, but slower than a dedicated T-1 or T-10 connection.- Allows digital and voice data to share the same line) and I have to agree with him although I was minded to ask about the Open Agent Architecture (new interface architecture for human/PC interaction including hand written, typed , and spoken commands - being developed by SRI International) but immediately dismissed that in favour of the Partition Table (Part of the information starting at track 0 sector 0 of a disk which allows a computer to 'communicate' with the disk. Other items include the MBR, DBR, & FAT).

If anyone reading the above needs some help in understanding it then I suggest you read this book..http://www.amazon.com/PCs-For-Dummies-Computers/dp/076458958X

I did this morning..............:D

DavidCarr and Sussex Tiler like this.
  14. Sussex Tiler

Sussex Tiler Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

:eek::D

Diamond Tiling Co likes this.
  15. Diamond Tiling Co

Diamond Tiling Co Tile Training School

Just as an after thought............

If all that gobbledegok and bumpf I have written above means anything sensible then it is all mine regarding copyright....

:D

16. David

David Tiling Product Supplier

Lets get back to basics 01101001011011000110111101110110011001010110100101110100 :)

Sussex Tiler likes this.
  17. MosaicGirl

I think you'll find you forgot a '010011100' in the middle there, David ;) otherwise it just won't make sense! 1100, no, 10101, yes, that's it...

18. Grace's Dad

Grace's Dad Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

I'm WAY ahead of you guys.

(quantum) :ninja:

MosaicGirl likes this.
  19. Alan jackson

Alan jackson Tiling Products Support

I have no idea what any of the above means!!

20. MosaicGirl

Not so, unless you are talking as the parallel you as I am talking right now as the parallel me, which of course has a multiple universe thing going on with parallel computers, which communicate with each other across the multiple space time realities.. hence I have managed to manifest here...