1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Marketing Campaigns / Competitions

Discussion in 'Tilers Forum' started by AOS Tiling, Jul 20, 2013.

1. AOS Tiling

AOS Tiling Superb Contributor

Any thoughts on this kind of campaign? It has 0% appeal to me and I wonder what the take up is. And the assumption is that all tilers like football?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374314602.945009.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374314624.746519.jpg

BAL ran a 'speed tiler' type comp a few years back - again, for me 0% interest. Not sure how much budget is allocated, but I think the money could be better spent on training and education

2. Freeze

Freeze Serious Contributor

Zero appeal to me, fix enough hardi backer, and get paid to do so, have far better things to do in my spare time than go and fix hardi backer for free to see if I'm quicker than someone else.....get a hobby

AMA Tiling, DavidCarr and AOS Tiling like this.
  3. Viva Tiling

Viva Tiling Top Notch Contributor

must be a man thing lol

MosaicGirl and AOS Tiling like this.
  4. Grace's Dad

Grace's Dad Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

Money would be better spent on moving away from Hardi!

5. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

6. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

Dont like Hardie Mark

7. branty1uk

branty1uk Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

Andy, do you use hardie?

8. cptiling

cptiling Junior Contributor

I don't fit hardie myself, have done in the past, but imo there are better options now. Will they make it true to life and have a curve of a shower tray to cut out or a notch here and there, or is it simply a 'look how quick and easy our product is to fit' - in a mock situation.

9. cptiling

cptiling Junior Contributor

Just read the rules, all straight cuts!

10. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

Nine screws//cant be a big area

11. AOS Tiling

Rarely Danny, just as a neccessity for say Victorian floor tiling where I need the cement board to handle the point loading. Marmox or Schluter are my preferred products - ease of installation and less health issues when cutting.

12. Grace's Dad

Can you tell??

AMA Tiling likes this.
  13. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

yep

14. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

May I ask why you don't like it Mark

15. AOS Tiling

I suspect it might be that pom/oz rivalry - throw in a Scot and it's like a red rag to a bull for an Englishman!

16. Grace's Dad

Of course dear sir. I used to use loads for floor overlays but thats before I found wedi and kerdi boards. Its arguable if the heavier boards add more strength to a floor. My experience says not. Unless point loading is an issue I stay away. I also had a joke of a reply from a James Hardi rep when I asked about the silicosis risk.
    That aside, I find it expensive, heavy, hard to work with and I've personally taken water damaged walls and floors out where the hb has delaminated and gone very mouldy. Pics too if you like?
    It has its place and I know its huge in the us and oz but its not for me. I think there are better alternatives.

jay likes this.
  17. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

Fair enough Mark can see your point wish we had more of a choice but we are stuck with one yep you guessed it

Grace's Dad likes this.
  18. Lee@TileTown

Lee@TileTown Tiling Product Supplier

Quite a few things in this months TSJ didnt make sense IMHO.......

19. AOS Tiling

Did you read Alan Reynolds piece about the headstone? Normally I find the guy very negative as he moans about the market so much but that story was quite humorous.

20. Lee@TileTown

Lee@TileTown Tiling Product Supplier

No there were far too much other "hype" in there apart from that!