1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcement R.i.p

Discussion in 'Tilers Forum' started by Albert, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Albert

Albert Awesome Contributor

Very sorry to hear of the passing of a Ball stalwart George Hunter rip George

2. branty1uk

branty1uk Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

We're all knocked for 6 at BAL, even though he retired a few months back, many of us regularly called on him to tap into his knowledge of the industry. He'll be greatly missed. If any want to pass on there condolences send an email to Liz White lwhite@building-adhesives.com and she'll pass on what she can to the family.

3. Protilers

Protilers Guest

I did not know the man................but I have to admit.....if you two respected and admired him......he must have been great guy.......... sorry for your loss....

Lee

4. Albert

He was a diamond Lee.:cry:

Protilers likes this.
  5. Protilers

Protilers Guest

R.I.P

DavidCarr likes this.
  6. DavidCarr

DavidCarr Tiling Forum Admin Staff Member

I had the pleasure to meet the fella just once, very sound, very down to earth, very knowledgeable; just what our industry needs. R.I.P

7. westerhope tiles

westerhope tiles Tiling Product Supplier

he lived just round the corner from my shop and called in for a cupa every now and then he was a tile man through and through rip

8. Albert

His funeral is on Monday at west road crematorium Newcastle at 12 30

9. westerhope tiles

westerhope tiles Tiling Product Supplier

wtc will be there and having a pint in the honor of the bal legend

10. lovatt76

lovatt76 Tiling Products Support

Very sad, nice man with a lot of knowledge.

11. Albert

I had a phone call today from George's daughter, she has asked me to pass on her and her mothers thanks
    to all of you for your kind comments.Rest in peace George and thanks for all your help over the years.

12. branty1uk

branty1uk Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

That's nice. Spoke to a few of the BAL guys that went to the funeral, said it was a good service, with some nice George touches.

13. Albert

One of which was a free drink for everyone.

branty1uk likes this.