1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Started This Today.....

Discussion in 'Tilers Forum' started by Protilers, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Protilers

Protilers Guest

been a bit of an odd day today.....I did not sleep a wink again last night....
    went to a church in tooting in the morning then over to Rays place to pick up the tiles for this job.....

should be fun..........1200x600 porcel-thin tiles in a room you could not swing a cat!......hehhehehe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wish me luck!

all the best

Lee

2. Freeze

Freeze Serious Contributor

No problem to a youth of your caliber

Protilers likes this.
  3. Protilers

Protilers Guest

Evening all...

well today has been interesting to say the least......I cant talk about it in an open forum but...........Hysterical!!!!!

here is what was there when I turned up this morning:

[​IMG]

and what I did today, first off I overboarded that awful ply...... then started to concentrate on that odd triangle.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tomorrow is another day.........and I will be resting away from this job.......thank the lord!

all the best

Lee

4. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

Set out is interesting Lee

5. Protilers

Protilers Guest

the pipe end will all be covered............so you will only see a whole tile and a half tile..........and when the sanitaryware is in, they will be equal.......
    and not a single grout join will match up......but i know where you are going.........I will send you a PM....you will wet yourself!

6. Protilers

Protilers Guest

Evening......a little bit more done........had to pop over to Ray's to get more tiles due to the client changing her mind........not a problem......here is what went on:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have to get some SiliKill.......the client has not requested it......but seriously..........that showertray looks awful!........

tomorrow is another day Eh?.........

all the best

Lee

Albert, ray and jay like this.
  7. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

Are they horse shoe spacers at the bottom Lee

8. Protilers

Protilers Guest

yes mate........I find them easier to pull out!....everyone seems to be aiming for cheaper and cheaper.....spacers seem to snap off in the joints all the time.....gets right on my nerve's...I hate having to cut them out with a stanley blade....
    as I "could" chip a tile.......these pull out easy......(with some grips.......sometimes!).......heehheheee

Lee

AMA Tiling likes this.
  9. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

Try tile wedges mate much easier

ray and Protilers like this.
  10. ray

ray Superb Contributor

i will give lee a bag next time he leaves;)

Protilers likes this.
  11. Protilers

Protilers Guest

I use them all the time Jay!..............but, because this room was Soooooo out of square......I decided to use horse shoes......that way, as I was dry-Laying........I knew it would fit.....

if I had used wedges.....there can be minimal tolerence changes (in a dry lay!)......and that minimal movement means you need to get the cutter/grinder/nips out again.................and I did not want to hang around for 1 minute more than was required!

All the best

Lee

12. Protilers

Protilers Guest

coff.....fcuk...............hehhehhehehehheehhehehheeeee

13. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

The little red ones are good w-100.jpg

Protilers and ray like this.
  14. Protilers

Protilers Guest

hehhehehheehehehheeh.....AS ABOVE!!!!!!!!

15. Albert

Albert Awesome Contributor

Getting there Lee

16. Protilers

Protilers Guest

OOOOOhhhhh.......Albert, Thanks..........But,.........you have no idea about this client!...............she is.........................tell you later!

hehehehhehehehheheheheeeeeee

17. Peter

Peter Junior Contributor

Three tiles per wall, bit of a squeeze Lee.

18. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

Did not mind the look of that tile on its own but not sure when you get a few together the main grain is quite bold :confused: