1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tapatalk Update

Discussion in 'Tiling News' started by DavidCarr, Sep 30, 2012.

1. DavidCarr

DavidCarr Tiling Forum Admin Staff Member

Morning all,

This weekend, I've made some major updates to the forum and a few of the add ons, including Tapatalk. Due to some of the changes to Tapatalk, your stored account data in the app may not work, to solve this problem.

iPad TapaTalk HD Instructions
    1. Open tapatalk app on your device
    2. Go to your dashboard
    3. Select network
    4. Select search and enter tiling
    5. Select our Tiling Forum
    iPhone TapaTalk Instructions
    1. Select Network from bottom of screen
    2. Select Education & Profession
    3. Select Local Business
    4. Select Tiling Forum
    Hey presto the new changes should be transferred to your app, you may need to log in again.

2. AOS Tiling

AOS Tiling Superb Contributor

Hi Dave, I am back in but it didn't quite work like that - couldn"t see 'network' on my dashboard, tapatalk then kicked me out and asked me to sign in. Hope I signedinto the real McCoy and not some dumbed up forum. But yes, whichever forum it is,it works in tapatalk

Lee@TileTown likes this.
  3. DavidCarr

I'm tapatalk HD on the iPad, I wonder if that has some different options? I've noticed the new version of tapatalk is quicker and more responsive; I've done a lot of tweaks this weekend.

4. Stewart @ SPM Design

Stewart @ SPM Design Serious Contributor

Was wondering why it wouldn't work last night, but was too tired to work it out....... Cheers for the he update.

5. Peter

Peter Junior Contributor

I'm still too tight to pay the £2 for it so just read the forum on Safari.

AMA Tiling and Lee@TileTown like this.
  6. AOS Tiling

Works now on ipad Dave but not on iphone. had understood that HD version was giving other problems - did Gisela post something along those lines?

7. DavidCarr

As a rule I don't use tapatalk, i use safari. And since iOS 6, uploading images from the iPad is much easier.

8. AOS Tiling

I was using Tapa becauseI couldn't upload pics from safari via ipad...... still haven't upgrade my two devices. Is it just me or why do I manage to wipe out my devices on probably 50% of occassions where Ido an update with Apple. Everytime I have to do it, it feels like I'm walking the plank!!!

9. DavidCarr

I just plug the device into my mac and open iTunes, just let it update from there. It should automatically create a backup of your current device configuration, then download and install the latest software.

10. AOS Tiling

I'lltalk with you on Wednesday. Thanks Dave

11. Stewart @ SPM Design

Never had any problems updating my devices and like dave I always use my mac. You could always upgrade to IOS6 directly on your iPad or iPhone from the settings if you don't want to connect to your computer......

DavidCarr likes this.
  12. DavidCarr

Look forward to it Andrew.

13. AOS Tiling

When I went up to IOS5 Stewart, I received a notification on my iphone from Apple - click here or something like that. Cleared my phone back to chinese writing. Yep, complete wipe out. Apple initially refused to help as I coudn't give them detail that was in the ohone - well how could I. Lets just say a firm word with the helpline and eventually they got me back. 4 wasted hours! I've had friends tell me similiar

14. DavidCarr

That'd put a lot of people off Andrew, so I can understand your apprehension. Whether you've got a mac or a pc, if you plug your devices into your computer and open iTunes, select the device, you should then be given a few options.

apple.gif

Stewart @ SPM Design likes this.
  15. AOS Tiling

pc Dave. I'm going to do it now and if it fails....... I'll be bringing you back with me on Wednesday!

Seriously, love the Apple products but nearly always have issues backing up or upgrading them!

16. DavidCarr

Get yourself an iMac Andrew, you won't believe how good they are, seriously efficient and easy to use.

17. mike

mike Serious Contributor

i loaded tapatalk onto my iphone yesterday and it worked but now i'm getting an error message "cannot connect to forum. this forum is either restricting access from tapatalk or the installed tapatalk plugin is not working. please contact your forum administrator" any ideas what to do dave? i don't want to reinstall tapatalk again or i'll have to pay again. cheers

18. AOS Tiling

Same as me Mike

19. AOS Tiling

I keep pondering but don't know if I would get the use. I use my ipad / iphone fr most browsing,music, podcasts and tv / video browsing and only go on PC for AOS business likes bookkeeping and quotes. Likewise missus has a laptop so te 'pc' is just hookedto the modem / router. Again, I'll learn more from you on Wednesday.

20. Stewart @ SPM Design

Go into Tapatalk, search for forum again and then login and it should work fine after that....

mike and DavidCarr like this.