1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tapatalk Update

Discussion in 'Tiling News' started by DavidCarr, Sep 30, 2012.

1. DavidCarr

DavidCarr Tiling Forum Admin Staff Member

I've added the iPhone instructions to my earlier post, apologies for the confusion.

I've just bought and installed tapatalk for my iPhone, this my first post from it.

2. mike

mike Serious Contributor

I've got it working now thanks Stewart, just trying it out on safari

3. DavidCarr

Seems the latest version of tapatalk is causing problems with double posts, and multiple conversations being started. As soon as I get some time I'll roll it back a version.

4. Peter

Peter Junior Contributor

Does it work with any of the free forum apps?

5. DavidCarr

Not sure Peter, I think tapatalk is £2

6. Peter

Peter Junior Contributor

£2 too expensive, not paid for an app yet, might just have to bite the bullet and splash out. :rolleyes:

7. Lee@TileTown

Lee@TileTown Tiling Product Supplier

Wednesday will be a long day!!! DC's tech clinic will be at Alvaston!

8. DavidCarr

Could be worse Peter, you could be me having to buy these apps for testing and then never have to use them.

9. Peter

Peter Junior Contributor

No problem to a man of your means. :D

Never bought an app out of principle as there's usually a free version that does more or less the same thing.

10. MosaicGirl

MosaicGirl Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

the normal tapatalk walks great on my updated iphone4s, I got rid of the HD one, maybe that's the trick?

11. Protilers

Protilers Guest

I just got tapatalk (a week or so ago!) because of you lot banging on about it!!!!!!!!! it dont slow down the forum comments etc!..............had no idea what it was.........and when I installed it I realised it is absolutely useless
    (to me)....lets face it.....unless you have a cross platform forum addiction...its a waste of time/money!!!!!

and now you are dumping it anyway!!!!!.........hhehheehhee.......remind me to never ask for fiancial advice!!!!.....you lot just cost me a couple of quid!!!

all the best!

Lee

12. DavidCarr

Looks like there a few users who like it Lee, so tapatalk will be staying. What the current version is doing is creating the duplicate posts and for some reason is creating a bottleneck between the web browser and the database. If I disable the app, performance pretty much doubles. But it's here to stay, lets hope they iron out the bugs soon.

13. Protilers

Protilers Guest

I have to Admit Dave....I got double posts before I even knew what tapatalk was!!!!!.........but if it helps the community grow and prosper.......then great.......personally.......I will just log in!!!!
    all the best mate!....................
    Lee

MosaicGirl likes this.
  14. DavidCarr

It's the code on the forum that we have to install to get tapatalk to work which is causing the problem. Nothing to do the with the app on the device. I prefer using the browser.

Protilers likes this.
  15. Protilers

Protilers Guest

Me too Dave......mainly because I am only interested in tiling forums....if I was into gardening/pets/space or whatever forums etc.....then it would be of use to me....its nice to see all that stuff in one place!......
    but I am not.......so........

Business as usual!

all the best

Lee

16. DavidCarr

Installed the latest version of tapatalk last night, hopefully this will solve the problem with duplicate posts.

Stewart @ SPM Design likes this.
  17. wayne the tiler

wayne the tiler New Contributor

Time served tilers. Required . Nationwide work available . Good prices and lots of work

18. Albert

Albert Awesome Contributor

DM me with prices