1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thankyou From Jay's Family

Discussion in 'Jay's Memorial Fund Auctions' started by chrissy, Feb 25, 2015.

1. chrissy

chrissy New Contributor

Just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words, friendship to Jay (Jamie) and generous donations to his children, Jamie wished to take them to Fiji for new years and as this will also be the first anniversary of his passing seems a fitting tribute to him. Jamie was the most remarkable man i will ever know, his love for his family, his gentle soul, the best father to our children, his love for his dog River,his professionalism to his tiling work, he is missed everyday. There are never enough words to express how thankful we are to all of you for also being there for him, he really enjoyed talking on this forum and we will be forever grateful. xxxx

2. branty1uk

branty1uk Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

We miss him here too, our thoughts and prayers have been with you all.

We'd love to see some pictures of your trip when you go Chrissy.

3. MosaicGirl

MosaicGirl Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

Just to add, I haven't sent Chrissy the list of individual donors yet, I haven't made the list yet, but obviously can copy out from the paypal, bank, cheque and cash receipts, do you guys want me to or do you want to keep it as a forum donation? Chrissy doesn't mind either way, so it's really up to you all. Please let me know?

branty1uk and Albert like this.
  4. cptiling

cptiling Junior Contributor

We have seen how grateful Chrissy is, I don't think individual contact is required unless she felt she needed to. I don't feel a need for us all to be thanked personally.
    Let the family get on with life as best they can and to all who contributed in anyway to this, you know who you are and you did good!

5. branty1uk

branty1uk Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

Ditto here. If Chrissy feels the need that'll be nice, but if not, let's keep it a forum thing.

6. Joe @ Hillhead Tiling

Joe @ Hillhead Tiling Awesome Contributor

Each of us who helped are so glad that we did for one reason, just to show how high we held Jay in our forum here and to give his family a little lift.

7. MosaicGirl

:thumbsup:

branty1uk likes this.
  8. AMA Tiling

AMA Tiling Top Notch Contributor

Collected as a group, Donated as a group, thanks is not necessary but as a group it was our privilege and honour to contribute to what Jay held dearest.... His family. May God guide you and each other through the dark days but may you also find solace and hope in the brighter days.

9. Bolter

Bolter Junior Contributor

This thread is thanks enough @chrissy, Jay was a top bloke, we miss him loads mate.

And please, if you ever need us, just get in contact!

10. Phil Hobson

Phil Hobson Serious Contributor

Jay was an inspiration to us all on the forum. love to you and your family.

11. Albert

Albert Awesome Contributor

All of the above words do not convey the admiration we all had for Jay.

12. MosaicGirl

Words can be pretty frustrating at times, can't they, I feel the same. He would have never thought that himself, would he.

Markfrombellota and AMA Tiling like this.
  13. MosaicGirl

A few years ago I made this for Jay, as a thank you for being a fantastic friend to me, and just today this little fellow came back to me, Chrissy and I had talked about it, and so the little 12cm gecko is back, in perfect condition, from Jay's office to mine. Full of the vibes of a lovely friendship and good people from the other side of the world. Precious, though I wish it was a genie. Jay liked pics, so here it is.
    jaygecko med.jpg

14. MosaicGirl

Chrissy has put their house on the market now, it's too hard to carry on living with all the memories there, but she sounds like she's doing well with some good friends around her, and the very strong bond between her and the children. She'll stay in the same area/town though until, as she said, her kids no longer need her quite so close by. I think she's making the right decisions there. All power to her.

15. Greener81

Greener81 New Contributor

Sad news, RIP Jay. Just happened to be looking at some old posts and he gave me sound advice!

MosaicGirl likes this.
  16. magyar vizsla

magyar vizsla Superb Contributor

not many days go by where Jay isn't in my thoughts.

17. DavidCarr

DavidCarr Tiling Forum Admin Staff Member

I think we should dedicate a "show us your pics" forum to him, a place to share our work etc.

18. AMA Tiling

Great idea Dave. I haven't put many pics up of late but maybe this would encourage us to do so more often.

19. Albert

Albert Awesome Contributor

MosaicGirl and AMA Tiling like this.
  20. AMA Tiling

We do indeed Albert, sincere apologies as I think (I will check) that it was you who started that thread. Needs a bit more promotion methinks then. Time to get me moderator cape on lol

MosaicGirl likes this.