1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ultra Tile Official Account

Discussion in 'New Joiners Introductions' started by Ultra Tile, May 3, 2012.

1. T'T

T'T Junior Contributor

Doug have you contacted ultra's tech dept and asked this question? I have and was told theres not enough polymers in to go onto plasterboard/plaster and need to add the FP to make it more flexible hence why i asked. Also if you read the back of the bag it doesnt state anywhere it can be used on plaster or plasterboard.

Would like to hear back from @instarmac / Ultra on this though.

TT

2. T'T

T'T Junior Contributor

Also still would like to know about the SP and the FP does it make it as flexible as a 2 part adhesive?

3. Total Tile & Bathrooms

Total Tile & Bathrooms New Contributor

Hi TT ,The answer to your question is NO ,it will make it more flexible but it will not create 2 part,This is not a product i stock,as RS is more cost effective than SP for supply to my tile customers ,RS does excatly the same job,Hope this helps

4. magyar vizsla

magyar vizsla Superb Contributor

just phoned them up to check TT, and they said it was fine, (obviously gypsum substrates need priming first)

5. T'T

T'T Junior Contributor

Thanks for the replys doug and curt little disappointed ultra themselves never came back to answer the questions. Interesting about the the SS doug was told twice as I wanted to double check with ultra about the SS going on to plaster and both times told no will call myself again tomorrow!

TT

6. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

puts them up there with Laticrete lack of customer service

7. magyar vizsla

we could do with a definite answer couldn't we TT, wonder why they said it was fine to me and not you? If I want a longer pot life though I always use the SP +ES just out of interest TT, what tiles are you thinking of using?

jay likes this.
  8. T'T

T'T Junior Contributor

Doug I use a standard set addy on walls most of the time and I can get ultra locally and the SS is at a good price. The SP-ES is too expensive can get weber from tile town delivered to my door cheaper! Will call today and see what they say. Would think they would put on the bag a list of suitable substrates it can go onto!

jay likes this.
  9. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

That would make sense , wouldn't think it would be that hard

10. T'T

T'T Junior Contributor

Right just spoke to the ultra rep for my area! Yes the SS can go on to plaster and plasterboard they are in the process of changing the design of the bags so could possibly say on the new ones! Also if you add the FP primer to the SP it makes it more flexible apparently just under a S2 classification but not quite there good to know for when tiling onto floors over boarded with ply!

jay and magyar vizsla like this.
  11. Ebberns Tile Centre

Ebberns Tile Centre Tiling Product Supplier

50% Fp 50% water

magyar vizsla likes this.
  12. Ebberns Tile Centre

What do you pay for sp es?

13. magyar vizsla

about £14 +vat I think, (I'd have to check my account invoices to be sure)

14. Ebberns Tile Centre

What's the weber equivalent? I'm not up to speed on their stuff.

15. magyar vizsla

weber.set spf is the nearest to it Spencer, again roughly about the same price I think.

16. T'T

T'T Junior Contributor

Spencer I use weber set plus ok onto render plaster and plasterboard but not flexible enough for boxing in etc as for what I pay that's between me and the shop!

magyar vizsla likes this.
  17. Total Tile & Bathrooms

Total Tile & Bathrooms New Contributor

[QUOTERight just spoke to the ultra rep for my area! Yes the SS can go on to plaster and plasterboard they are in the process of changing the design of the bags so could possibly say on the new ones! Also if you add the FP primer to the SP it makes it more flexible apparently just under a S2 classification but not quite there good to know for when tiling onto floors over boarded with ply! ][/QUOTE]
    TT get your local stockist to get rubbercrumb in,Fantastic for bathrooms,The tilers here will not use anything else on bathroom floors

18. T'T

T'T Junior Contributor

Curt I don't ever tile to ply unless it's boxing in most of the time it's to a cement board so no really need for a two part.

19. magyar vizsla

I'm using it on a balcony that I'm doing, good stuff;)

20. Ultra Tile

Ultra Tile Tiling Products Support

Hi there everyone, we apologise for the lack of communication recently, but there seems to have been a technical problem with the forum and ourselves. We are available to contact if anyone has any questions. Just to confirm, Ultra Tile technical assistance can be received by calling 01827 871871 (8am-5.30pm) or emailing ultratile@instarmac.co.uk. We will always endeavour to respond on this forum but you may find the above two methods the quickest. Thanks

DavidCarr and Lee@TileTown like this.