1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcement Three Tickets To The Tta Awards Up For Grabs

Discussion in 'Tiling News' started by DavidCarr, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidCarr

DavidCarr Tiling Forum Admin Staff Member

2. Dean Farmer

Dean Farmer Guest

you old tart;)

3. MosaicGirl

MosaicGirl Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

You were there, too, weren't you, Dean? Where are you? Any pics? :)

4. Diamond Pool Finishers

Diamond Pool Finishers Serious Contributor

GOD why do they have to have half -naked women there o_O it's a bit like that tile drill company ,why ,what do they have to do with tiling ? to me it just looks like a load of sad old men, trying to get a buzz, hay next year just hold it in a lap-dancing club,:p:D:p and be done, real class !!

MosaicGirl likes this.
  5. MosaicGirl

I quite like that comment of yours there, Dave, :)... it does seem a very dated and 'trying far too hard' approach .. I must admit I shuddered... :confused: Glad I didn't go now, I would have really struggled with the whole setup there. I STILL agree with acknowledging this wonderful trade, but but but!!!

6. Dean Farmer

Dean Farmer Guest

get a bloody grip it was a good night

magyar vizsla likes this.
  7. Diamond Pool Finishers

me too , i would have felt like a fish out water :p it looked like one of Hugh hefner's Dated get -togethers :D one of the same reasons i go no-where near swimming pool trade do same old trot !

8. Dean Farmer

Dean Farmer Guest

Is your Mrs reading your posts m8 you sound like an old Queen

9. Diamond Pool Finishers

:p:p:p:p who me M8 , why just because i don't like to see women being exploited :mad: i have three Daughters ,so i don't like to see women cheapened or treated in derogatory way, if this make me a Queen then your not a king ! lol

10. DavidCarr

I personally thought the ladies looked wonderful and classy, perfectly in keeping the whole las vegas theme. Polite, professional cabaret dancers, I'd happily invite them to any of my soirees :)

Dean Farmer likes this.
  11. magyar vizsla

magyar vizsla Superb Contributor

nowt wrong with a bit of glitz:D, was it an expensive night?

Dean Farmer likes this.
  12. DavidCarr

Very cheap for me :)

I was a guest of Hardiebacker and provided with a meal, drinks etc. Around 2am I then went for a curry down a backstreet with the locals, very nice grub.

magyar vizsla likes this.
  13. MosaicGirl

Well, I did think about this a little more last night, even talked to H about it, showing him the photos, and we both said perhaps being there it would have felt different than just looking at the photos...

14. Diamond Pool Finishers

well every one to there own Opinion ,but i just don't have time for this sort of, sexist crap , they call it glitz, glamor,it's rubbish IMO ,why would a British thing want to be AMERICAN ! anyway is not our own culture good enough , perhaps it's a north south thing,the women in the pic's just look like accessories to me objects , anyway i put my opinion over, i always tell people the truth as i see it, even if they don't like it, but hay thats me folks, :rolleyes:

MosaicGirl likes this.
  15. DavidCarr

I wonder what the girls in the picture think? 'I'm an object' or 'I'm a professional trained dancer, spent years learning my craft and this is a really easy nights work' - each to their own. I'd rather my daughter made a living doing tasteful well paid gigs like this than being a towie or geordie shore wannabe

Dean Farmer likes this.
  16. Diamond Pool Finishers

towie or geordie shore wannabe ,< just out of interest what is this o_O another saying from the north !

17. DavidCarr

They're massively popular tv shows Dave - I won't have them shown in my home.

18. MosaicGirl

I think that was the trouble with the photos only, DC and Dave, the dancing bit and any skill didn't really show, then again I didn't look at all the photos. I noticed the Elvis and thought good god - why??? .. but again, you'd have to be there I guess. I wasn't trying to come down on the event, I was making a judgement just looking at the pictures which was most likely wrong. I'm really not very good at mass events and mass entertainment anyhow... Saying all that I do appreciate Dave's take on it, too. I don't know those TV shows either, doesn't sound as if I was missing much :)

19. Diamond Pool Finishers

Oh i see Dave, yes good -man,don't corrupt your children !:cool:, as MG says it's not the event , i would not touch the drill -guys products for all the tea in China purely because IMO he exploits women in an unnecessary way, as well ,OK there are cave-men that are in all trades that this form of advertising must draw to them, but not me, it has the opposite effect , not because i'am not a real-man, but i would suggest because i'am ,
    anyway the ladies got payed ,it's there choice , and you all had a good time :D

MosaicGirl likes this.
  20. DavidCarr

I fully agree with the drill thing Dave, totally unnecessary gimmick, but remember the tool calendars that used to be sent out from the merchants years ago? I doubt they'd get away with those now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.