1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcement Tiling Forum Monthly Competiton, Voting Now Open!

Discussion in 'Tiling News' started by MosaicGirl, May 30, 2012.

?

Please vote for your favourite tiling forum contributor, in May 2012

Poll closed Jun 6, 2012.
  1. Andrew Coote

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Andy Carroll

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. AOS Tiling

36.7%
  4. Bolter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Colour Republic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Dean Farmer

10.0%
  7. DPF

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Graces Dad

20.0%
  9. Jay

30.0%
  10. Joe@Hillhead Tiling

73.3%
  11. Kendo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Magyar Vizsla

6.7%
  13. Mike

13.3%
  14. MosaicGirl

16.7%
  15. Paul C

10.0%
  16. Pebbs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Protiler

3.3%
  18. Tommy Zoom

3.3%
  19. Viva Tiling

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. branty1uk

branty1uk Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

We are very used to it and we like it. If we could send you the prizes we would.

2. garythetiler

garythetiler Guest

I think you should be your post are excellent really helpful

3. MosaicGirl

MosaicGirl Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

I know!! And if it was by popularity, heck, I would have put you on that list for sure!! We need a group hug... ok, I need a group hug.. :)

4. ray

ray Superb Contributor

dhl?

5. AOS Tiling

AOS Tiling Superb Contributor

I can honestly say that I made no extra effort in May with a view to winning any prizes. Hand on heart, that's the truth. Considering that I entered no blogs or haven't yet uploaded photos into any albums like many others have, it's very flattering to have received a few votes. I was genuinely surprised. If it ever becomes an aggressive competition , I for one will be asking Dave to leave me out of it. Thanks G for your nice comments and glad you like some of my posts - I have form for being a wind up merchant too and very often step over the line so glad that I have behaved myself on here. That's probably because of the respect that I have for so many people on here - most of them new 'friends'. Gisela, don't beat yourself up.

Gary, I don't know you but from where i'm standing, maybe you've been a little harsh on the guys putting so much effort and time into The Forum? I'm not sure what else they could have done other than ask for input.

6. AOS Tiling

On this most patriotic of weekends, you clear off to France??? And you're expecting votes??? You're having a larf!!

7. garythetiler

garythetiler Guest

Please explain what in my posts was harsh ?

8. MosaicGirl

haha, thanks for the giggle.... :) :)

9. Joe @ Hillhead Tiling

Joe @ Hillhead Tiling Awesome Contributor

Gary: Please explain what in my posts was harsh ?
    Gary it's your post saying that its a popularity contest.
    That's an insult IMO to say that about a forum that's on fire this month helped along by a competition that has seen top companies throw superb prizes into the pot !!
    Remember it's the members who voted and it's all black and white.
    Onwards and upwards i say, plenty more to come here so get your ideas in quick.

10. garythetiler

garythetiler Guest

Okay its clear to me that I have offended everyone by saying its a popularity contest which is still my opinion and is why i wont be voting ,but what I will say is thank you to all the members who have posted some excellent posts ,photos and generally created a great forum which I am happy to be a member of

11. AOS Tiling

Gary, the competition was discussed last month with input requested as to how best any competition may be run. Again, I haven't searched for the thread but did you at the time offer any input? At this late stage with a few days to go, you have criticised the competition and stated your intention not to get involved. Considering all the efforts being made by Dave, The Mods and all those who have contributed to the forum over the last month (and year), I thnk it's harsh that you are now criticising the format. If you missed any of this activity, fair enough but if you felt so strongly, maybe a PM to Dave woud have been better placed. To publicly criticise it as you hav done is harsh in my opinion. Again, I genuinely don't feel offended personally, I just think that your approach is misplaced. Sorry to single out Joe's contribution but surely there is one person that maybe merited a vote? That way you woud have made a small contribution and could have also aired your views direct to Dave. I can't begin to imagine the time and resource (including financial) that Dave has put into this Forum - far more than I would ever dream of givng up. Your criticism looks like a kick in the teeth.

12. ray

ray Superb Contributor

its time to move on well done joe good post:)

jay and MosaicGirl like this.
  13. Dean Farmer

Dean Farmer Guest

FFS it is an opinion and the like I gave it was to say I respect the opinion and the honesty of the post if you have a problem with that it is your problem ok

14. AOS Tiling

I'll pass on that one. Not what I come on here for.

15. Joe @ Hillhead Tiling

This is getting worse than handbags at dawn, catch a grip and quit winging like old women.
    So Dean you respect the opinion that the comp is like a popularity contest?
    I think your a smarter man than that?

jay likes this.
  16. Dean Farmer

Dean Farmer Guest

I respect that if that is how Gary feels abut it he is entitled to say so

17. Joe @ Hillhead Tiling

I respect lots of people but i don't have to respect all their views, thats me anyway.
    People are entitled to say as they please, pity they weren't somewhere else though without getting closed !

jay likes this.
  18. Dean Farmer

Dean Farmer Guest

Ok I will keep my mouth shut

19. MosaicGirl

Reminder, this thread is for people wanting to vote in a competition brought about by DC, supported by the sponsors who are donating the prizes, by those voting and hopefully by those lucky enough to be the entitled participants.

Anyone not interested in taking part or voting or disapproving of the competition conditions, please ask yourselves what you are doing here in the first place.

I would also expect that in the interest of sportsmanship it would be really nice if anyone not involved would be happy for those who are. :)

20. Lee@TileTown

Lee@TileTown Tiling Product Supplier

Morning all.....i reckon i'd have won......

Chill ya boots and lets get some work done eh!

Have a good week guys