1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tiling Forum now TapaTalk enabled

Discussion in 'Tiling News' started by DavidCarr, Mar 23, 2012.

1. DavidCarr

DavidCarr Tiling Forum Admin Staff Member

Just installed the latest version of tapatalk, here are some of the changes made

Version 1.1.4 release

Update Note:
    1. fix topic watch status in unread list view
    2. fix online user count issue
    3. fix icon url patch issue on window server
    4. fix max allowed attachment number issue
    4. add bold in quote username
    5. add pagination support in online page
    6. add chrome alert control in tapatalk options and optimized the alert
    7. add advanced topic/post delete option support

2. MosaicGirl

MosaicGirl Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

I have tapatalk on both my iphone and my ipad now, and just in case anyone has the same troubles, tapatalkHD for ipads is just annoying, as it doesn't update properly. Have gone back to the normal tapatalk on there and it's fine. :) The forum also worked on safari on the ipad, but images wouldn't upload for whatever reason. So back to normal tapatalk it is :)

3. DavidCarr

The image upload problem is due to apple mobile devices not having flash installed

4. MosaicGirl

Ah. The no flash thing with Apple is really annoying, isn't it? Seems really petty... you don't happen to know if the no flash thing happens on Apple Macs as well?

5. DavidCarr

Doesn't happen on macs, just the products running IOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod, apple Tv) they seems to be changing things with their stance those as more and more developers are now embracing html5 which makes much better uses of system resources. I'm sure as this software matures (only at 1.1) it will include fixes for these problems.

MosaicGirl likes this.
  6. Joe @ Hillhead Tiling

Joe @ Hillhead Tiling Awesome Contributor

My thread showing marble pieces the other night was uploaded straight from my iPhone using tapatalk.
    I did have to be careful signing in.
    Keep up the good work David.

MosaicGirl and DavidCarr like this.
  7. AOS Tiling

AOS Tiling Superb Contributor

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334427878.243230.jpg

I've just tried... will it work?

8. AOS Tiling

Ok, worked from the iPad this time but not from my iPhone yesterday.

9. Joe @ Hillhead Tiling

Joe @ Hillhead Tiling Awesome Contributor

10. Andrew Coote

Andrew Coote Junior Contributor

Tapatalk enabled? Can I use that from my ZX Spectrum? I have to get back to cleaning my nippers, pin hammer, and scribe for next weeks tiling job.

Sent from my garage using Tincanstring enabled technology.:p

11. AOS Tiling

Dave, I am not seeing any signatures on tapatalk and while I set my own yesterday,today when I go into 'settings' it says 'disabled by forum'.

12. DavidCarr

Strange as there's isn't an option on the forum to remove the signatures in tapatalk. I can see yours on my iMac, haven't got an iPad to check tapatalk with.

13. AOS Tiling

I just checked in Safari and they are in there. I'm thinking I prefer the forum in Safari and will switch over to Tapatalk if I need to upload images. It might be my settings as I'm such a non tech despite the gadgets. Let's see what Gisela says later

MosaicGirl likes this.
  14. Schluter-Systems Ltd

Schluter-Systems Ltd Tiling Products Support

Download from the App Store Puffin Browser (free) or iSwifter (£2.99, after a weeks trial) both of which run flash sites and allowed by Apple. Personally I've got Puffin for demo'ing our elearning academy modules but use Tapatalk for this forum.

As Dave said Flash isnt an issue on Macs as I run one at home, however couch surf daily (along with the other half) on an iPad and neither of us really notice any issue with flash these days as alot of sites use HTML5 and it's changing to that as it's less buggy easier to develop in and less resource hungry than flash.

Regards

Carl

15. MosaicGirl

Yes, same here, really, the albums don't show in tapatalk, but the original tapatalk works better in general than the tapatalk HD. I can still upload images via tapatalk into normal posts. For the albums I just wait until I'm on the pc. I can't see signatures either in tapatalk, nor the pop up profile card.

16. Diamond Pool Finishers

Diamond Pool Finishers Serious Contributor

First i must get a decent phone :rolleyes:

17. MosaicGirl

I just noticed the settings in tapatalk, I opted for 'show gifs', so maybe that will make some difference? And a few other tweaks, too.

18. mike

mike Serious Contributor

i can't find the p.m. s like that g, are you on your phone or ipad?

19. AOS Tiling

I can't find 'show gifs' .... think I'll stick to Safari

20. DavidCarr

the .gifs will only be for small pictures, icons etc they won't be for albums or photos. I'd stick with safari, lovely browser :)