1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Topps Tiles

Discussion in 'Tilers Forum' started by Phil, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Phil

Phil Junior Contributor

I'm brand new to this forum and posting from the United States.
    I have done internet research and see a company there in the UK
    called "Topps Tiles". I have a tile tool that I would like them to see
    in hopes to bring it there "across the pond"

What is your experience with Topps Tiles? Is this a good company?
    Does anyone have a contact name for me to reach out to with this request?
    Phil

Andy Carroll likes this.
  2. Derek Griffin

Derek Griffin Tiling Products Support

Back butter buddy?.

3. Phil

Phil Junior Contributor

4. Derek Griffin

Derek Griffin Tiling Products Support

It wouldn't be something we would be interested in as we manufacture tiling tools. But your best of probably sending them some brochures and maybe a demo product then wait for a response?. Or even better let some of the tilers on here use one and give you a few reviews?.

5. Phil

Phil Junior Contributor

I have already contacted "ANDREW" but found that sending only one
    tool is very costly. I'll see if my manufacturer/distributor would like to pursue something along those lines with me. I was looking for response as to the Topps Tiles company.

Andy Carroll and Derek Griffin like this.
  6. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

Take it you mean this

7. Phil

Phil Junior Contributor

Yes Jay, The folks over on http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/forum1/the-back-butter-buddy-any-opinions-thoughts-t63023.html
    found that video also and someone started a thread there. I let the guys there have fun with it.
    I know that it is a good tool. I also know that many in the tile trade are set in there ways and may NOT try it. That's fine with me. I flipped tiles for over 40 years before I came up with this simple tool. It does help prevent physical damage to your shoulders and wrists from flipping tiles for many years. I'm not sure how many other guys have been in the trade that long and can still walk upright :)

8. ray

ray Superb Contributor

did you show this at covering 2013 .so let me get this write you want to sit at home on the net bringing a new product to the world ?well some sound advice people buy people before they buy your proucducts .if sending one is to costly then send 20 get a better rate. if you dont back your prouduct 100%then dont bother .if the cost of twenty is more than a flight then take the flight . as for tops if you want to make the smallest margin thats the way to go diy all the way .now if you want this for real tilers then take it another way as most topps clients will be diy

9. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

So is it aimed at the professional tiler or the DIY

10. Phil

Phil Junior Contributor

This of course can be used by both, but I really did have the professional in mind from the beginning. I am still a day today remodeling contractor and VERY concerned that this tool will hold up for the guy doing tile everyday. This tool WILL make money every time you take it out of the truck in savings of time and wear and tear on your body.
    I had no idea the Topps Tiles is more for DIY'ers. That is EXACTLY why I am asking here. You guys know!

Ray, Yes, this tool was featured at Covering 2013 in Atlanta this year. I was there with my son doing demos and it was used by installers during the Showcase Installations. The company LATICRETE has bought a quantity already and present them to contractors at their workshops.
    I will look into cost to send a case ( 12 ) BBB's over there and see IF there is a possibility to get them into the hands of 12 of the guys here on this forum for trial and opinion. I would STILL be interested in finding a distributor there in the UK. Any suggestions?

11. ray

ray Superb Contributor

trimline

V-ta Tiling (John) likes this.
  12. Phil

Phil Junior Contributor

13. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

Maybe it would be better to push the product through an adh manufacture as it would promote better installation

14. Grace's Dad

Grace's Dad Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

15. Grace's Dad

Grace's Dad Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

Topps are the UK's biggest retailer but have a pretty dreadful reputation amongst the trade.

16. amir patwa

amir patwa Serious Contributor

On 27th July we are having a seminar where we are expecting about 25 very dedicated tiler. Ii you want to sent few over and I will make sure our guru David Carr and some forum moderators get to use and evaluate your product and show people at the world's largest stone in Verona. Wish you luck

17. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

And they have T bone stakes on the BBQ:)

Andy Carroll likes this.
  18. Phil

Phil Junior Contributor

I will continue to monitor this thread. I would love to get this tool to the "tilers" there in the UK. If ANYONE has need of any additional information contact me directly via conversation or E-mail - Phil

19. Jason - Universeal Sealants

Jason - Universeal Sealants Tiling Products Support

Hi Phil, what can a Tiler / Fixer expect to pay for one of these in the USA?

20. Phil

Phil Junior Contributor

Less than $30 - I have paint brushes that cost more than that and have to replace them frequently. This tool will MAKE money every time it's used.

What time is it there right now?