1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Topps Tiles

Discussion in 'Tilers Forum' started by Phil, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Grace's Dad

Grace's Dad Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

I'd rather pay for one. I've had too many freebies lately and I feel a bit "cheap" :oops:

jay likes this.
  2. ray

ray Superb Contributor

if you want to send them to me in one hit i will send them out free of charge or the tilers can come in and collecet and me gary and lee will give them a go and post a vid

3. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

Not a bad idea there Ray
    can see why you are ahead of your competition over there :cool:

4. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

Okay Phil a couple of questions for you

What size bucket (diameter) does it fit

what are the limitations as far as weight go

and the all important warranty

5. Phil

Phil Junior Contributor

I measured the "standard" bucket here and it is 11-3/8" or about 29cm.
    It SITS on top of the bucket, NO NEED to snap it on and off which would cause extra effort and stress to the tool.

The tool will spin with 200lbs of weight on it but let's be reasonable, no one should NEED to spin that much tile at one time. I use full cartons of
    24x24 (600x600) about 75lb=(35kg). Warranty - Being a tile setter myself and actually USING this tool, I wanted to make sure it will work day to day. It is a strong gauge plastic with steel ball bearings to spin.
    I have not had one come back broken but we would replace/refund
    if that happened. If we find a distributor over there we would be sure to make this part of the agreement.

V-ta Tiling (John) and jay like this.
  6. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

Ta

7. Protilers

Protilers Guest

I am up for that!

8. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

oh joy will have to wait months for the vid :)

V-ta Tiling (John) likes this.
  9. V-ta Tiling (John)

V-ta Tiling (John) Junior Contributor

Hi Phil,
    I've been in the trade 27yrs and the BBB is something i would defiantly invest in. I love this idea as well as the Bucket Pilot, anything to make life easier. I suffer with Carpal Tunnel in my right wrist, I've had Tennis elbow in my right arm and at the moment I'm suffering with chronic lower back pain (If I was a horse, I'd have me put down or sent to the nackers yard).
    I would buy one online but the postage is costing alot more than the item.
    I use http://www.trimlinegroup.com/ quite a lot,
    http://protilertools.co.uk/ are quite good as well I think. I'm sure the guys on here will let you know of other good online tool suppliers.

10. AOS Tiling

AOS Tiling Superb Contributor

Diatech in Scotland are also innovative with new product launches - but I think they are part of the Trimline group. Or Dave at www.tradetiler.com

11. V-ta Tiling (John)

V-ta Tiling (John) Junior Contributor

Am I within that 12 Phil? Pleeeeeaaaaasssssse!!!

12. Andy Carroll

Andy Carroll Serious Contributor

You get very good service from both these company's... :)

13. cptiling

cptiling Junior Contributor

I'd have to agree with that, reputable companies that I'm always happy to deal with.

AOS Tiling likes this.
  14. AOS Tiling

AOS Tiling Superb Contributor

These are the people you want Phil. Topps cater for the masses but I bet they by nature would pin you to the wall and leave you with a few cents on margin. I'd contact Dave at Tradetiler - if nothing else, I reckon he'd give you an ear. Decent bloke and runs a good show

15. Andy Carroll

Totally agree there Andy ;)

16. Phil

Phil Junior Contributor

I have the 12 guys on a list. I will be sending the case to "RAY" tomorrow ( 7/15) I will contact each of the guys that asked and they will need to pick-up the tool in London by Ray or he offered to send them out.

One thing I wanted to clarify here. During assembly I was told by one person that received the tool that it didn't spin as good as in the video. Simply check the center axle and loosen it a little if you experience this. I will make sure I get that addressed at the assembly point next time.

I look forward to your HONEST reviews. I am sure that you will like
    using the Back butter Buddy and it will make money for you. I have contacted the companies that were recommended here but being a weekend, have not heard back yet. I will be directing them to this site for your reviews. Maybe someone would START a thread with all the reviews in one place? Videos and pictures would be great.

PS - I signed each of the tools too , just in case their valuable someday. :)
    Thanks in advance, and thanks to the moderators here on the forum that has allowed me to post.

Phil

ray, jay, AOS Tiling and 2 others like this.
  17. Andy Carroll

Give us a shout ray if you need my address?.. Thanks :)

18. Andy Carroll

Oh and money for postage!!!!
    Cheers

19. Grace's Dad

Grace's Dad Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

Ditto the postage. Thanks Phil!

20. Phil

Phil Junior Contributor

Guys ,
    I'm having a hard time sending emails to each of you. Here is the list of guys that responded to me and made the cut. If you are on this list, contact Ray to get the tool.

RAY - 1 ( Garth – 1 )
    Andy Carroll - 1
    Andrew O'Sullivan -1
    Neale Pitts - 1
    Amir Patwa - 1
    Andrew McKnight - 1
    Craig Powell - 1
    John Simons - 1
    Albert Donnelly - 1
    Mark Ellam - 1
    “LEE” @ Protilers - 1

Tommyzooom, ray, jay and 2 others like this.