1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working On New Floor Polishing Machines

Discussion in 'Tile Cleaning & Restoration' started by DavidCarr, Dec 4, 2014.

1. DavidCarr

DavidCarr Tiling Forum Admin Staff Member

With ever increases sales of the CARRcrete products, the revenue has allowed me to buy into a factory that manufactures various machines for polishing and restoration. I already have the designs done for the Jack line of stone and concrete grinders, this range of machines looks to dominate the UK market within a couple of years as word of mouth spreads, everyone who uses them loves them.

I now have my brain focused on creating decent single disc rotary machine for cleaning, maintenance and diamond polishing at a realistic price, plus a premium grade dry vacuum and a wet/dry vac for restoration work.

The rotary machine I've specified so far is as follows:

Dual size deck: 17"/10"
    Motor: 2.5 hp / 1.85 kW Siemens
    Bearing: sealed NSK
    Gearbox: all steel
    Chassis and handle: aluminium
    Water tank: 23L
    Rpm: 175
    Weight: 55 kg
    Additional weight: 2 x 13 kg
    Cable: 12m

I should be able to have this hand built to order with accessories such as pad drivers, resin pad holders, brushes etc for around £800 ex vat. Which would be a very competitive UK price for such a high spec machine, thinking of calling it Marciano :roflmao:

Any thoughts?

2. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

Ever thought of going gas powered

3. DavidCarr

Nah, I don't like the idea of breathing it in mate

4. jay

jay Awesome Contributor

Floor cleaners down here do the supermarkets of a night with them little to no fumes

Julian Sidney likes this.
  5. DavidCarr

They say that but there's plans ban them in certain states of the U.S. they reckon they aren't as clean as they sold. I doubt UK customers would pay the premium for a propane model.

Joe @ Hillhead Tiling and jay like this.
  6. AMA Tiling

AMA Tiling Top Notch Contributor

"Marciano" lol,priceless

7. AMA Tiling

AMA Tiling Top Notch Contributor

Or "coyote" if I'm on the right track with the origins of your first attempt lol

8. Grace's Dad

Grace's Dad Tiling Forum Moderator Staff Member

Means Martian. Alien logo? Green paint job?
    Or a blatant stab at Rocky?

9. DavidCarr

It'll definitely be a machine worthy of the Marciano name, powerful and purposeful; a real tradespersons tool. And like all of my machines you can have it in any colour you like; as long as it's black :)

AMA Tiling likes this.
  10. DavidCarr

Just signed the lease on a new unit for use as a training and demo area for pouring and applying carrcrete Protop. I'll also have a few machines there to demonstrate polishing of the concrete overlay. Alternatively with a range demo diamond tools available, you can bring your machine down and see how it works with better tooling and expert guidance on how to get the most from your machine.

The jack grinder will be there, the Marciano floor machine will also be available to try which at 55kg it has more weight than a Klindex rocky, Samich Runner or Lotus and comes with an additional 26 kg of weight, an awesome Siemens 2.5hp motor, can easily be turned into a 10" machine for uses like a Samich babol or Klindex baby and naturally comes with the accessories required to start work on tasks such as cleaning and restorating tile and stone floors, wet diamond grinding and polishing of smaller areas. Available in manly black and chrome from January.

11. DavidCarr

I'll have some film footage online at the end of the week showing multiple jack grinders at work on a nightmare floor; we start work tomorrow night :confused:

AMA Tiling likes this.
  12. pexster

pexster Junior Contributor

13. Simon Heslop

Simon Heslop Junior Contributor

I love watching other people work on nightmare floors!
    Looking forward to seeing the new diamonds.....def up to try them.

AMA Tiling likes this.
  14. DavidCarr

Haha, I've even had my hair cut Steve :roflmao:

15. DavidCarr

this is tough one Simon, about 20 years of paint applied layer on layer. We've only (only) got to remove the paint and grind until smooth so it can be repainted, but I'll be a nice test for the jack machines. @pexster and @M1K3 QU1NN are on the job with me using their jack machines; looking forward to it.

16. Joe @ Hillhead Tiling

Joe @ Hillhead Tiling Awesome Contributor

Dave you are wrong. My Samich Lotus is heavier and has a 4hp motor capable of carrying 160kg ;) a beast for me and producing great results .
    I'm looking forward to seeing yours in action ;)
    Good luck too.

17. Simon Heslop

Simon Heslop Junior Contributor

Are the Jacks 240v or 3 phase?

18. pexster

pexster Junior Contributor

19. DavidCarr

According to the Samich website Joe, the 17" Samich Lotus range starts with a 2.5hp motor weighs 53kg as does the 4hp version. Here's the specs http://www.samich.it/Floor-Grinding/lotus/

If I was offering a version with a 4 hp motor it could cope with the same weight as the lotus easily. Even the 2.5hp version of my machine will cope with more weight than it is supplied with, but until someone requests more weight there's no point supplying something they aren't going to use and increasing their price; but at least it's supplied with the weights ;) why only 2.5hp? Anything bigger and I'd point them to the next machine up in my range.

The jack weighs in at 170kg with another 60 kg of weight, to be added if required. There are also two larger machines in the range at 300kg and 625 kg both of which can have weight added.

Is there much difference in price between the Marciano which is ready to roll at £800 ex vat and the Samich lotus joe?

20. DavidCarr

there is a version of both for the jack 1, jack 2 and 3 are three phase only.

Jack 1: 5.5 hp
    Jack 2: 11 hp
    Jack 3: 2 x 11 hp